The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Research Program (JSPS) for 2019 is now open for proposals.
In this bilateral activity, a Filipino scientist/researcher is given the opportunity to conduct a research project with funding from DOST and build/strengthen collaborative work with Japanese researchers and institutions.
The Call for Proposals will close on 5 September 2018.
Launched in 20014, the bilateral exchange program aims to provide opportunities for young researchers of Japan and the Philippines to meet, interact and exchange ideas to build a robust science and technology community in the region.
– The applicant must be a Filipino PhD holder, employed full-time in any DOST-recognized national, public or private university or research institution.
– The research project must be aligned with the DOST priority areas under the Harmonized National Research and Development Agenda.
– The research project must not exceed two years.
– The research project must be a collaborative work between a Filipino and a Japanese scientist/researcher.
– DOST will provide an annual funding of up to PHP 1.25 million in support of the research project.
Click here for more information.