Below are the guidelines released by the UP Office of Admissions (OA) for UPCAT appeals and pending cases. OA is is still waiting for the complete list of cut-offs for appeals from the different constituent universities. These should be received by Friday, 11 May 2018. The list will be posted at the OA.
INQUIRIES ABOUT PENDING CASES
What are pending cases? These refer to UPCAT applicants with incomplete application documents (e.g. no proof of payment of application fee, no transcript, missing grades).
Deadline for submission of required documents of pending cases is Monday, 21 May 21 2018.
- If your name was originally indicated as a pending case but now no longer appears on the list, this means that your case was resolved in favor of non-qualification into any of the campuses of your choice. Your notice will soon be mailed to you c/o your school. You may also contact the UP Office of Admissions starting May 9 to check on your UPG as well as the options open to you.
- If your case is resolved in favor of qualification, your name will be added to the list (though there may be a delay of 1-2 days).
INQUIRIES ABOUT APPEALS and UNIVERSITY PREDICTED GRADES (UPGs)
Who can make appeals? And what is the process for making an appeal?
1) Campus qualifiers to a specific campus but who want to be admitted to another campus, (e.g. qualified to UP Diliman but wants to be admitted to UP Baguio or any other campus);
- Find out what the requirements are of the other campus you want to appeal to and submit these requirements;
- The Office of the University Registrar (OUR) of the campus to which you made the appeal will make the request for your UPG to the Office of Admissions.
- The campus OUR will inform you if you may be admitted.
- You may not get your UPG directly from the Office of Admissions.
2) Non-qualifiers to the campuses they applied for but who have UPGs that are 2.8 or better (in the UP marking system better means NOT more than 2.8, e.g. 2.81, 2.9, 3.0)
- First find out which campuses will be open for appeals and their schedule for appeals;
- Pick up your Non-Qualifier’s Notice (which contains UPG information) at the Office of Admissions;
- Present your Notice (if qualified to appeal) to the OUR of the campus where you wish to appeal;
- You have one week to pick up the NQ notice at the Office of Admissions.
You need an ID to pick up your NQ Notice. If a representative will pick it up for you, he/she must also have an ID & a letter of authorization from you.
- Pick up for NQ Notices for NCR/Metro Manila at the Office of Admissions will start on 11 May 2018 and will be available only until May 18. The Office will start mailing the NQ notices to examinees c/o their school after this date.
- Pick up for NQ Notices for other regions will soon be announced.
- Documents needed for UPG REQUESTS:
- Any ID of the examinee with photo and signature;
- Authorization letter if the examinee has a representative making the request; and ID of the authorized representative; and any ID of the examinee (with photo and signature).