Dean, UP Cebu
From: Gisela P. Concepcion
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Subject: Call for Proposals to the Enhanced Creative Work and Research Grant (ECWRG)
This is to announce the Call for proposals for the Enhanced Creative Work and Research Grant (ECWRG). The new guidelines were approved in the 1299th BOR meeting last 31 July 2014.
Among the significant changes in the ECWRG are the following:
1. Instructors (Instructor 4 and higher) and REPS (with the rank of University Researcher) may now submit proposals for the ECWRG.
2. Grant amounts have been increased (according to rank of faculty and REPS) but subject to the appropriate withholding taxes (up to 32% depending on the grantee’s base salary).
3. Expected outputs from the ECWRG include publication in an ISI/SCOPUS-listed journal, ISI/SCOPUS-listed conference proceedings that are reviewed and published as full papers, book or book chapter published by an academic press (following the International Publication Award list of accepted publishers), patent or patent applications or exhibition of creative works.
4. Scheduled bi-annual release of calls for proposals and deadline for submission of proposals.
5. Proponents (may be from different colleges or CUs but with related fields/disciplines) are allowed to work together and combine multiple grants to support larger projects. However, each grant should have one output at the end of the grant period.
All proposals will be subjected to technical and administrative review by the Constituent Unit’s Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Research and Development/Extension prior to submission to the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The technical review will be done by external reviewers (i.e. from a different CU) to be selected by the respective OVCRD/OVCRE.
Since the new guidelines were only approved last 31 July 2014, we are extending the deadline for submission of proposals to the OVCR/OVCRD/OVCRE to 30 September 2014. Endorsements of reviewed/refereed proposals (along with the proposal evaluation form) shall be submitted by the CU to the OVPAA by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before30 November 2014. Notification of approved grants will be sent out on 30 December 2014.
Forms can be downloaded at the ovpaa website (ovpaa.up.edu.ph).
Attached are the new guidelines and a sample of the CWRG contract. Faculty with approved CWRGs must carefully read the terms of the contract.
Vice Chancellors for Research and Extension/Development
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, UP Cebu