The Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs (OVPAA) is the University of the Philippines System’s key academic support and implementation unit dedicated to achieving academic excellence, collegiality, ethical and democratic governance, international recognition, and a culture of creativity, research, and innovation towards the fulfillment of UP’s mission as the National University.
- Providing a nurturing and enabling teaching and learning environment;
- Designing programs that promote interdisciplinarity, collaboration and lifelong learning;
- Engaging with local and international partners and networks;
- Instilling the value of public service among the faculty and UP students as future leaders in different branches of knowledge;
- Keeping abreast with changes in the higher education landscape; and
- Developing, adopting and continuously improving procedures and innovative processes that embody professionalism, efficiency, consistency and care for its internal and external publics.