The Council will prioritize funding for activities which:
- Increase people-to-people linkages between Australia and South-East Asian countries, particularly between people and institutions that have the capacity to influence others;
- Increase knowledge and understanding in Australia of South-East Asian countries, and the opportunities they present; and
- Enhance awareness and understanding in Australia and South-East Asia of each other’s cultures, values and traditions.
In 2016-17, the AAC priority countries are:
- The Philippines (70th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations with Australia, 2016), and
- Malaysia (60th Anniversary of Independence and Diplomatic Relations with Australia, 2017).
Knowledge development is the overarching theme for the AAC. Funding priorities will focus on women in leadership, collaboration and innovation across three key sectors:
- Trade and economic development
- Technology and entrepreneurship
- Culture and education
Deadline is 18 April 2016, 3pm AEST.
For more information, visit http://bit.ly/21IK1bQ.