The Bernd Rode Award is granted to outstanding scientific and higher education collaborations between European and South-East-Asian universities in the framework of ASEA-UNINET and will be granted during the 17th ASEA-UNINET Plenary Meeting in February 2019. The award is given every 18 months in three different categories (junior, senior, project-based).
The award is named after Bernd Michael Rode, an eminent Austrian researcher and founder of the Austrian-South-East-Asian Academic University Network (ASEA-UNINET). The Award is associated with financial support up to a maximum of 5.000 euros to enhance and extend the research possibilities in the context of projects backed by ASEA-UNINET (e.g. travel expenses, research stay).
Basic requirement to submit an application for the Bernd Rode Award 2019: The applicant must have participated in a finished or still ongoing ASEA-UNINET research project in the past 5 years. This project must have been conducted by at least one Austrian ASEA-UNINET member University and at least one ASEA-UNINET member University from South-East-Asia and must have been at least partially funded by ASEA-UNINET. Furthermore the project must have already produced results that can be presented (e.g. joint publication).
The funds received from the Bernd Rode Award 2019 can be exclusively reinvested in future ASEA-UNINET research projects and collaborations.
Click here for further information regarding the guidelines, submissions and important date.
Submissions are to be sent by email to [email protected] until 30 November 2018 and should include the following documents:
· Junior and Senior submissions:
· Short description of the research work conducted in the framework of ASEA-UNINET (about 5 pages)
· Role of ASEA-UNINET in the work of the applicant
· CV and publication list (plus the applicants’ best publications as full pdf-version (max.5)
· The three most important scientific or artistic contributions of the applicant (max. 200 Words)
· Project-based submissions:
· Short description of the research project conducted in the framework of ASEA-UNINET (about 5 pages)
· Role of ASEA-UNINET as facilitator
· CV and list of publications of the project team
· Scientific and/or societal education results and publications arising from the project
For further questions, please contact Katrin Detter at [email protected]