HanPil: Studies on Korea and the Philippines is a refereed journal in English published by the Korea Research Center, University of the Philippines.
It started as “HanPil: Occasional Paper Series on Korea and the Philippines” that served as repository of the Center’s research outputs from 2015 to 2018. Now a full-fledged academic journal, HanPil aims to foster interest in Korea-related research among Filipino Koreanists and promote the scholarly exchange of ideas in and outside of the Philippines.
In its maiden issue as a peer-reviewed journal, HanPil invites potential authors from various fields to contribute manuscripts that touch upon issues on aspects of Korea-Philippines relations as well as those that discuss contemporary affairs related to Koreans and the study of Korea in the Philippines, and Filipinos and studies about the Philippines in Korea.
Type of Contributions: research articles in all fields including but not limited to history, philosophy, ethics, linguistics, arts, culture, religion, politics, sociology, and education; book/article review on Korea-related contents; opinion piece on relevant current affairs; and essays and policy papers
Submission deadline: 31 July 2019
All submissions to HanPil undergo a double-blind peer review process. Each submission will have to pass an editorial screening before it undergoes peer review.
– The manuscript should be submitted in an MS Word (.doc/.docx) document format (not PDF)
– Citations should follow APA (6th Edition) Format
– Authors should follow the following word count guidelines:
Research articles: 5,000 – 10,000 words
Book/article review: 1,000 – 1,500 words
Opinion piece: 1,000 – 2,000 words
Essays and policy papers: 1,200 – 5,000 words
– All manuscripts should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
– E-mail subject title: 2019 HanPil Submission
– Manuscripts submitted for consideration to HanPil should not have been published previously and are also not considered for publication elsewhere.
– Any information about external support for the research or its earlier presentation/publication must be acknowledged on the manuscript.
UP Korea Research Center
Lower Ground floor, Ang Bahay ng Alumni,
Magsaysay Ave., Diliman, Quezon City, 1123
Metro Manila, Philippines
+63 2 981 8500 loc 4266
Download the full guidelines here.