The CHED-CBIE Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Canada is a scholarship program designed for faculty and non-teaching staff of Philippine higher education institutions (HEIs).
This program will bring twenty Filipino scholars to Canada to pursue further studies in Canadian institutions starting September 2017. Interested applicants can choose between studying one-year master’s degree programs or a PhD sandwich program with the degree granted by an institution in the Philippines.
The program is entirely funded by the Commission on Higher Education, which has entrusted the management of the program to the Canadian Bureau for International Education.
The objective of the CHED-CBIE Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Canada is to prepare these scholars for academic positions, educational leadership, research, policy formulation and teacher training in the Philippines upon completion of the program.
The scholars are expected to return to the Philippines and implement meaningful programs in relation to their acquired knowledge and skills from their study in Canada for the development of their respective HEIs.
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Hold at least bachelor’s degree (for applicants to master’s degree programs) or a master’s degree (for applicants to doctoral degree programs) relevant to the graduate degree being sought
- Demonstrate strong academic record
- Be in good health and of good moral character
- Have no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law
- Fulfill all the Terms and Conditions of the grant, including a return service obligation.
The new deadline for applications is on 5 May 2017.
For more information, please visit the CBIE website.